Our lime can be used for composting food waste / wet organic waste. The point of using lime is to make food waste more hygienic and raise the pH before adding a biologically active additive, such as garden waste or bark. The lime eliminates acidic decomposition processes which avoids problems with harmful gases, acidic runoff and odours. In addition, adding lime increases the stabilisation rate of the compost.
The increased pH value and having lime in the sludge provide these benefits:
- A better working environment
- Rapid stabilisation and increased processing capacity of compost
- Lower risk of infection and disease when handling the mixed compost
- Improved relationships with neighbours thanks to improved conditions
- Reduced corrosion and wear in reactors, steel structures and concrete reinforcement